Friday, February 12, 2010

Ooooh Bus Trips!

So, I know my friend Katelin Cummings will be blogging about our bus adventure buuut I thought I would too. I havn't written in like 3 days because I realised how boring my life really is! Haha, anyway for the hour and a half trip home, I basically laughed the entire time.

Before you read this.
I just read this over and thought that maybe it is one of those "You had to be there" moments, and that you won't find it funny at all... Which would basically make this trip even better for Katelin and I.

Before the Bus:
To start our journey, we arrive in seperate cars at the bus station. We walk in together and I went and bought my ticket. After buying my ticket, we thought we would just hang out in the lobby deal and wait for the bus. Now, I learned from this trip that I am bad at standing in public. We stood buy the counter as if we were in line... but we weren't so after about 4 people asking "Are you in line?" We decided to move. We moved over by the bathrooms and that was when I talked about me and Chrissy playing DS's together. ...Katelin told me I should never say that outloud again.

Finally, our bus arrived. We thought we'd go stand outside, however, no one in front of the door had the sense or manners to move so in Katelin's word we just "chilled" in front of the door, on the inside. (Note: when Katelin said that, the pack of girls outside laughed really hard... :S) We Finally got outside but yet again, we were in the most awkward place EVER. We had to move about 50 billion times, and at one point, I was standing in a tree...? All good fun. While standing outside, we realised we would have to run onto the bus in order to get seats together, so while Katelin checked in her bag, I sprinted onto the bus.

On the Bus:
I grabbed the first double seat I could find, which was in the third row. However, I didn't notice that one of the seats was pushed back, so when Katelin got on the bus, she was stuck between her seat and the other. This is where the bus awkwardness started. She finally got comfortable because the little boy in front of us pulled the chair back up. Please note the little boy, he is important.

Once we started moving, we noticed the little boy was on his computer watching a movie. So we looked in the window and watched the movie in the reflection... Classy, we know. After he got bored of the movie (before we got on the highway) he put on some music... with no headphones. Therefore, we knew we were in for a long trip after the first few notes of ACDC's "Highway to Hell" played... loudly. Not long after that, he put the movie back on, but this time it FROZE and the weirdest sound kept repeating (it was at this point Katelin looks at me and says "How do you describe that noise? Thank God you are here, no one would believe me") and the boy started freaking out. He could not make it stop, hahah, sooo funny! Finally, he restarted his computer and all was good.

Here comes my favourite part of the trip. The boy decided to put his webcam on and take a bunch of pictures of himself sticking out his tounge. So of course Katelin I watch in the window again, making fun of him the entire time. Which we thought was creepy, until we realised we are college girls and therefore we must be hot and cool... Right? So that entertained us for about 10 minutes.

Finally, we reached Sussex where we had this hugh high "SUSSEX!!!" then a major low "Oh... Sussex... Greaaaat." Then this boy decides to go to the bathroom at the back of the bus and as he walks back, he pulls Katelin's hair! So she obviously goes "Um, OW!" and he looked at her and kept walking! No apology! But then we realised we sort of deserved it for calling him weird and making fun of his pictures...

And now here I am, home. I am not even kidding, I could have written about six million other awkward situations that happened while on this bus. But what do you expect? Put two really awkward people together for about 2 hours in a public setting, you are bound to have some good stories afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment