Monday, February 22, 2010

Let Me Introduce You To Patrick

I have realized since I came to STU that I talk about my friend Patrick a lot. Which I have probably done forever, but never realized until people were constantly asking "Who's Patrick?" or "Is Patrick your boyfriend?". No, Patrick is not my boyfriend, he's just one of the best friends ever, so let me introduce you to him:

Now, I can probably guess that you are like, "Um, how old is he...?". Well, Patrick is nine years old and will be ten on July 12th. My mom and his mom are super close and hang out all the time so Patrick was always around me growing up because my mom used to babysit him and his brother, Matthew. Since they've gotten older we hang out more, usually playing sports and going on big, family camping trips.

At first Patrick went through a phase where we would hang out (aka: me babysitting him) and he would introduce me as his 'girlfriend'. Haha, no. He would've been 5, and me 14. But now he tells people one of two things, that I am his 'big sister' or his 'best friend'. It changes depending on the person. It's weird I know, that I'm such good friends with a nine year old, but seriously, he is the best little kid. He plays hockey, soccer and golf and rocks at all three. He can also play the drums and played them on Christmas Eve at the church service.

So, weird as it may be, Patrick is my best little friend who misses me like crazy since I've moved to Fredericton. He just doesn't understand why I don't come home every weekend to see him, which makes him cry sometimes (so cute, it breaks my heart).

There, now you know who Patrick is, not my boyfriend, or little brother (I wish) just a great kid who I love being around when I go home. Haha and please don't judge me :)

Last but not least, at Patrick's request, I leave you with his favourite song, not my first choice but he loves it and insisted I place it for all to hear (or ignore). It's Down With Webster's song "Rich Girl". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdvXM45nIY

No comments:

Post a Comment